Sensors used for collision avoidance therefore must provide analogue
proximity measurements of various possible hazards.
Capacitive or electric fields can be thrown like a protective zone, around
an object. Such a system can detect objects coming into proximity which may
cause imminent collision such that evasive action can be taken.
If multiple fields are used, the position of the threatening object may be
established as well as its proximity.
- Automotive (Car, Van, Truck, Bus) - reversing sensor
- Docking bay - protection system
- Robot arm - protection system
- Automated shelving - safety system
- Hazardous Machinery - safety system
See also: Reversing Sensor
| 4cm diameter post
nears a capacitive sensor |
| 11cm diameter
post nears a capacitive sensor |